Clarity: The Game of Your Life
Clarity is a game that acts like an Oracle. It was invented by AHAA! Founder, Debbie Unterman, in 2000. This insightful, self-revealing, and healing game provides fun while focusing on life’s issues. It is a microcosm that lets you see how you walk through life, while revealing your strengths, gifts, and blocks.
Clarity is a game of choices and clues that can lead to the inner knowledge of what is right for you. Playing it gives you an opportunity to face and clear blocks in your path to happiness and fulfillment. As it speaks to you like an oracle, it serves as a barometer of your degree of empowerment and ability to manifest the results you desire.
This therapeutic board game actually lets you take control of your destiny by giving you the answers that can help you navigate through life. It has amazed hundreds of players with its astonishing accuracy. By combining the fun of creative play, with the depth of self-exploration, the Game of Clarity helps you clear blocks to success by “playing for the health of it.”
People say that playing it combines the fun of Monopoly with the insights of a psychic reading.
Playing Clarity can transform your life!
Playing it gives you the space to delve as deeply as you wish in order to explore the subconscious motivations ruling your life. The Game of Clarity reflects the extent of your self-esteem and personal power, and actually gives you the chance to clear blocks and empower yourself while playing.
“There are magic moments all around us.
The trick is to see them.”
~Esther Schwartz, Cantor, Holocaust Survivor
About the Game
This oracular game combines fun with taking control of your destiny by giving you answers that can help you navigate through life. We know that it will amaze you with its ability to speak to you with astonishing accuracy, as it has for hundreds of others. It’s like a wise friend you can go to often for guidance and entertainment. Playing it combines the fun of Monopoly with the insight of a psychic reading. Only unlike the old paradigm of playing games like Monopoly, where one person wins at the expense of others who lose, everyone who plays Clarity is a winner, because everyone walks away having learned something valuable! In fact the game can be played until everyone is finished, making the winner merely the first person to stop playing.
This game is designed to be a quick way to receive guidance, direction and insights on relationships, career, life purpose, health, money, or anything you choose. This will help you go forward in life more informed, as though you’ve been able to see your future clearly in a crystal ball. And as you are engrossed in the fun of playing, it actually coaches you through any blocks that have stood in your way with compassion!
Playing Clarity is a powerful tool for working through difficult situations and relationships, gaining insight, or exploring decision-making options.
• The Game of Clarity facilitates Social Interaction, Intimacy, Sharing and Healing through a safe and fun Journey.
• Playing Clarity gives you the space to delve as deeply as you wish in order to explore the sub-conscious motivations ruling your life.
• The game actually gives you the chance to clear blocks and empower yourself through playing it.
How the Game was Invented
Meet the Creators
Author, Master Alchemist
The idea of The Game of Clarity to came to me in a vision during a long ride home from Orlando to Atlanta after Thanksgiving in 2000. It was during the month of the hung election. I had stayed up until 4 am and watched as CNN called it for Gore and then saw it taken back.
I was obsessed with following the news 24/7 and was so angry to hear that it was going to be decided by the Supreme Court. Then through my anger came a moment of clarity and a vision. I could clearly see that the spiritual lesson people were to take from seeing the election decided by the courts was to take back their power.
All at once I saw that I could invent a game people could play to see how they were traveling through life being ruled by unconscious fears and judgments and dealing with things they did that came back to blow up in their faces. Consequences of the game would show them how those things side track them from their path or set them back. The vision was clear and never left my mind.Because of my understanding of the intricacies of Alchemy and my years of experiences navigating through the subconscious minds of thousands of clients, I was determined to create a game to help people play through their issues. When I arrived home I put on paper a rough version of my vision and collaborated with my partner, DeAnna, whose artistic ability translated the vision to reality along with some innovative additions of her own.
Originally Debbie’s vision showed two conjoined infinity symbols encircled by an oval. I looked at that and liked it because the infinity symbol represents the many dimensions of consciousness and the Universal human experience.
But when I looked at it through my artist’s eye, I saw a butterfly. I re-sketched the signs to look more like wings and also erased a little bit of where they met, and sketched a heart right in the center, then added the head and tail of the butterfly. The butterfly is a universal symbol for change which fit well with the Game being a tool for transformation. The metamorphosis from the chrysalis state to me represents freedom, beauty, and flying and it became a major symbol for the Game. Putting the Heart in the center is symbolic of getting to the heart of what you really want out of life that makes your heart sing.
I also added the Sidetracks as separate spaces outside of the original perimeter Debbie set up as the Rat Race. The unconscious Emotional Blocks that are represented by the 4 Sidetracks are a major key in people’s self-discovery during the Game.It was important to me to have the look of the game board reflect the principles the Game teaches. Now as soon as someone sees it, the board serves as the first bridge to the subconscious. It is designed to reflect the personal and Universal experiences of humankind in our outer and inner worlds and the Game takes the invisible workings of our minds and brings it to life in a ceremonial fashion.
The Rules of the Game
The game begins by all players getting clear about an issue in their life they wish to explore. Since this is a game of sharing, when you sit down to play, each player in turn will discuss their proposed issue with everyone at the table. The more honest you’re willing to be, the more you’ll receive back. Make the phrasing of the question personal to your circumstances and as specific as possible. In phrasing the issue it is important to remember that life is full of choices, as is the game. It is not all black and white, so to ask a simple “yes or no” question is to limit the process of discovering what the game has to show.
Playing the Game
After Creating Clarity on an issue to play about, each player starts with a Game Card in front of him or her and $100. Simply put, the object of the Game is to get out of the Rat Race and into the Heart to complete your Journey around all Four Wings and land back in the Heart. For every Wing you complete you will receive a corresponding Wing for your Game Card.
Along the way you must also collect 2 Hearts, 2 AHAA! Butterflies and $200 to be declared the winner. There could no more be losers in this Game than there could be in the Game of life. The Game is merely a reflection of the question being asked by the player. It’s much safer to be forewarned of possible curves up ahead than to go into them blindly. Plus it’s always possible to decide to take a different route when you have a map of the territory. After playing Clarity enough times, you may find that the games that stand out as most valuable in retrospect in terms of the lessons learned, turn out to be some of your worst losses. Of course winning still feels like the most fun!
It can be time saving for one player to become very familiar with the rules and act as a Game Master for the other players. There is a learning curve until you have familiarized yourself with the consequences of all the landing spaces. As long as one person at the table knows the rules and can “Master” the Game, other players can sit and play immediately without having to learn anything first. The Game Master can choose to play or just to run the table for the other players.
Guides to the Game
Each player receives one of the five colored jewels representing the five Guides to the Game. The Guide chosen will determine the course of your journey through the Game. They are as follows:
Blue = The Warrior who rules The World
Red = The Guardian Angel who rules Childhood
Green = The Money Deva who rules Money
Purple = The Goddess of Grace who rules Spiritual
Pink = The Inner Healer who begins the Game in the Heart
(instead of in the Rat Race on Start like everyone else)
Starting the Game
Rolling one die for each turn, keep going around the Rat Race in a clockwise direction until you either land on a Heart or are instructed by a card to go to the Heart or another space in one of the Inner Journeys. Follow the pattern of the arrows on the spaces to determine which Journey you go to after you finish your initial one determined by the Guide you picked. Once you have finished a Journey and received a Wing for it you never need to go back to it again.
- Every roll of the die will land you on a space with a symbol indicating something you need to do in that turn .
- Landing on the Crystal Ball gives you the Crystal Ball of Clarity, which gives you more power over your destiny by allowing you to roll two dice and choosing the single roll that gives the best play. There is only one space in the Game on which the symbol for the Crystal Ball is drawn and a card may direct a player to receive it also. There is only one Crystal Ball in the Game so it may move around from player to player a lot.
- Landing on a AHAA! Butterfly will always mean receiving an AHAA! Butterfly for your Game card and saying an AHAA! (or insight) you’ve had in the Game thus far. Since so much can happen in a Game and it can go by so rapidly, these spots can serve as a time to stop and process through all that has been learned, lest we miss those precious moments. Like John Lennon says, “Life is what happens while we’re busy making other plans.” Sometimes we need help seeing clearly what messages the Game is giving us and it might be helpful to ask other players for their feedback.
- Landing on a Heart will always mean receiving a Heart for your Game Card and going to the Heart immediately. That may also mean you will be finishing up a Journey and receiving a Wing for that Journey for your Game Card.
- Landing on Dance (or being told to Dance in a card) means you will pick a song out and everyone playing will get up and dance to it. Afterward you roll one die and receive that many White Magical Safety Chips. (See below).
- Landing on ESP gives you a chance to win a White Magical Safety Chip every time you correctly predict a roll of two dice as “ even” or “ odd” before they land. You continue to roll and receive White Chips until you give an incorrect guess.
- Landing on Forgiveness gives you the opportunity to forgive a player who needs “forgiveness” in the Game. Take the card you want to Forgive them for and look in their eyes while telling the player or yourself “I forgive you/myself for…” and paraphrase the words on the card. If there is no one in the Game who needs forgiveness you will instead state who it is in your life you’d like to Forgive or “make peace with” and why. It can be anyone including yourself.
For some spaces you pick from a deck of corresponding cards, written to be loosely interpreted according to your particular circumstances. Always be willing to look at the words and play with them to suit your life.
- Landing on Panic Buttons: for instance picking a card that reads: “Your fear of flying keeps you grounded” may not have anything to do with planes. If you are afraid of airplanes, then take it literally, otherwise it could mean you have a fear of success or starting something new. To win, you must roll the number designated on the card or above. In the Game, winning the roll means that it’s not your stuff – it does not affect you adversely, and you can turn it over. If you lose the roll, take a “Blues Chip” (See below).
- Landing on Time Bombs are there to point out something you may have done in the sphere of the Journey you’re in, that ended up blowing up in your face and setting you back. If you lose a roll, you take a Red Chip which is like the ball and chain around your ankle slowing you down.
- Landing on Moral Dilemmas should always be looked at first to see if they relate to anything that ever really happened in your life or is about to happen. Otherwise just answer them hypothetically with the answer that would be the most empowering thing for you to do.
- Landing on Judgment lets you look at how your unconscious Judgments may be affecting you in your life. Judgments are symbolized by the scales of justice, because judgments can be good or bad. Follow the consequences written on the cards. \
- Landing on Good Fortune always brings you a good message and are accompanied by a gift in the game.
- Landing on Instant Karmameans anything can happen depending on the roll of the dice – it may be good Karma or bad Karma – based on numerology from 2 to 12.
- Landing on Body/Mind gives you a chance to tune into your Body/Mind connection and receive a reading. They may elicit a positive or negative consequence in the Game.
Red , White & Blues Chips
The 3 colors of chips that come with the Game each come with their own symbolism and rules.
- White Chips are also known as Magical Safety Chips. They can be accrued in many different ways throughout the Game and come with a special power. If you are fortunate enough to have them, any number of White Chips can be used to add to the number thrown on your die. Simply give them up at the time you use them. They can even be used in lieu of throwing your die.
- Red Chips are just the opposite of White Chips and indicate being setback by something you have done that comes back to blow up in your face. They come from Time Bombs and Scandals and Judgments. You must put the Red Chip(s) under your playing piece as you go around the board and subtract one number from your throw per Red Chip you have, until you have been forgiven by someone landing on Forgiveness or a card.
- Blues Chips come from Panic Buttons. They indicate a block in your life which gives you “the blues” , and they must be healed at Healing Centers or through a card. They cannot be forgiven. Put a “Blues Chip” on the Panic Button card it came from until you can heal.
If you lose the roll for a Panic Button, on top of receiving a Blues Chip, it will send you directly either to a Sidetrack, a Healing Center, or Start. The Sidetrack you get sent to may indicate the Emotional Blocks that are in the way of you achieving your goals. However, the Guide who came into the Game with you, may have the power to protect you.
It is never an option to help out another player because you have something they may need. There are plenty of cards in the Game that give you that opportunity if it’s meant to be. It’s much more magical and meaningful that way, and it keeps people out of co-dependency.
The Four Sidetracks are:
Pit of Despair
Protection: The Guardian Angel.
Losing roll could indicate: Grief, Depression, Sadness, Loss, Loneliness, Failure, Unworthiness, Abandonment, or a Victim/Martyr Complex.
Cave of Fears
Protection: The Warrior.
Losing roll could indicate: Panic, Anxiety, Shyness, Embarrassment, Self-Doubt, Phobias, Low Self Esteem, Victimization or Defensiveness.
Chains that Bind You
Protection: The Goddess of Grace.
Losing roll could indicate: Co-Dependency, Addictions, Self-Sabotage, Guilt, Shame, Self Judgment, Sexual Issues, Workaholism, Eating Disorders, Obsessive/Compulsive, in Denial, Fake, or being Emotionally Disconnected or Unavailable.
Green Eyed Monster
Protection: The Money Deva.
Losing roll could indicate: Jealousy, Envy, Greed, Anger, Rage, Vindictive, Persecuting, Power Hungry, Controlling, Judgmental, Superiority Complex, or Money Issues including Poverty Consciousness.
Join me each month for New Moon Clarity!
Each event holds its own unique energy as the astrology changes and players are drawn together for the perfect game!
What Clients Are Saying
“If you want some real insight into your life, play this game and you can discover what your life is really all about.”
“I am so excited after playing the game of Clarity! It’s phenomenal! I believe that for those who are seeking enlightenment, it could become addictive.”
“Learning and evolving always seems to be such a tedious journey, yet in playing ‘Clarity’ learning about ourselves and others becomes a fun and entertaining experience which allows it to be a natural process.”
“The game of Clarity was so astonishing! I’ve never seen or played anything like it. All the predictions turned out to be true. This game really helped out with my essence and spirit and taught me about real life challenges that I have and probably will meet on the way through life!”
“Until recently I have never been a game player. I also never have been one to take seriously anything that purports to reflect my consciousness. Yet I must admit I was won over on both counts when I played Clarity. This game is both enjoyable and insightful [and I hired Debbie and DeAnna to help create a game for me]”